Need choral scores for your choir?
Our library of music is available to all BCCF member choirs, who can borrow free of charge. Our holdings grow as we host workshops, or as scores are donated, sometimes in the case of a choir disbanding. Since storage space is scarce, scores are often housed in the libraries of the borrowing choirs, and tracked by the BCCF office.
How To Borrow Scores
- Look through our General Music or Christmas Music catalogues. These are the contents of the Virtual Library.
- To borrow a score from those listings, write to the BCCF Project Manager. Applications will be taken in the order they arrive. In fairness to other users, choirs may be restricted in the number of sets they may have in use at any one time.
- Choirs using BCCF Virtual Library music have two months after performance date to collect, sort and assess the set before making it available to another choir.
- Music must be programmed for public performance. The concert programme should acknowledge the loan: “Music on loan from the B.C.Choral Federation Virtual Library”.
- Choirs must accept responsibility for shipping music on to the next user. Music should be insured when shipped.
Help the Virtual Library Grow: BCCF Member Choir Library Database Project
To help the Virtual Library grow in value for everyone, we are compiling the library lists of member choirs. To make this happen, we hope that choirs will allocate their budgets to the purchase of new music, while making some of their stored music available to their fellow choirs. We request that choirs refrain from programming their concerts with only library materials. For this reason:
- Choirs applying to use the Library Database must also be willing to have their own libraries listed internally at the BCCF.
- Photocopies are at no time acceptable on a library listing.
- Any loans or exchanges between choirs are arranged independently of the BCCF. Choirs without specific loan policies may use a standard agreement form that the BCCF office can supply.
- Choirs searching for specific music should contact the BCCF Librarian either directly or through the BCCF office. When the music has been tracked down, the applying choir will be put in touch with the choir possessing the music. All further negotiations are between choirs.
- Currently ONLY the BCCF music is listed on the BCCF web page. By request of participating choirs, individual libraries are not listed.
For more information on borrowing:
Contact Brigid Coult, BCCF Librarian:
(604) 272-4216 / (604) 272-4217 (fax)
BCCF Library Resources
P.O. Box 4397
Vancouver BC V6B 3Z8