When:Saturday February 4th, 2017, - Saturday February 4th, 2017
Event Starting Time: 10am
Event Ending Time: 12:30pm
In this interactive session, singers of all ages will gain knowledge and techniques that will help them to continue to sing as well as possible for as long as possible. Dr. Victoria Meredith will also address relationships between choral singing and various aspects of physical, psychological and social wellbeing.
Dr. Victoria Meredith is a Professor of choral music at Western University’s Don Wright Faculty of Music. She has directed choirs of all ages, including the 2010 National Youth Choir of Canada and honour choirs in nearly every province and the United States. Ensembles under her direction have earned over twenty national awards. A frequent juror for arts organizations such as the Canada Council and music festivals across the country, Dr. Meredith maintains an active career as a guest conductor, workshop clinician, adjudicator and author. Her work on the adult voice has gained international recognition through the publication of her award-winning book “Sing Better As You Age” and her popular interactive workshops.
Dr. Meredith’s book, “Sing Better As You Age”, will be available for purchase.
Workshops are scheduled in the following BC communities:
- Saturday 4 February, 10am-12:30pm – First Mennonite Church, Kelowna
- Sunday 5 February, 2-4:30pm – St Hilda’s Anglican Church, Sechelt
- Monday 6 February, 7-9:30pm – St Mary’s Kerrisdale, Vancouver
- Wednesday 8 February, 1:30-4pm – St. Andrew’s Anglican Church, Langley
- Friday 10 February, 1-4pm – Unitarian Church, Victoria (not a BCCF workshop)
- Saturday 11 February, 10am-12:30pm – Christ Community Church, Nanaimo
For more information, click the links above or email Brigid Coult at projectmanager@BCChoralFed.com.